Do you hate spending time in the kitchen? Well, most people do due to some degree or another. In today’s busy world, finding the time to make all our meals from scratch is challenging. That’s where meal prepping comes in handy. Meal prepping saves you time and helps you stay on track with your nutrition. Check out these recipes if you’re looking for vegan meal prep ideas to help you lose weight or eat healthier overall. They’re sure to hit the spot!
Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
Were you looking for vegan meal prep ideas?
- Make a batch of quinoa or brown rice and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for quick and easy meals.
- Preparedness is key when it comes to meal prepping, so make sure to have your ingredients ready before starting. Try making a simple veggie stir-fry or packing a sandwich with some fresh veggies and hummus.
- If you want something more substantial, cook up some hearty lentils or beans on the stovetop and pack them in small containers for lunch or snacks throughout the day.
- Keep things fun by mixing things up with vegan mashups – like tempeh mashed potatoes with roasted cauliflower as a topping or lentil shepherd’s pie with steamed broccoli on the side.
- Finally, remember dessert! Make batches of vegan muffins or bars, store them in an airtight container, and have them handy for when hunger strikes at odd moments throughout the day.
Veggie Meal Prep
Check out these recipes for veggie-packed lunches or dinners!
BLT Veggie Wrap:
- Start with a big piece of hearty bread, like a whole-grain tortilla wrap.
- Top it with thinly sliced veggies, like tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce.
- Add a creamy layer of peanut butter and smother in crunchy bacon.
Roasted Red Pepper Veggie Wraps:
These wraps are packed with bold flavors and just a few ingredients. Start by prepping your vegetables by roasting them until they’re nice and caramelized. Then mix them with hummus, spices, and chopped roasted red peppers for the perfect bite.
Zucchini Noodle Casserole:
This casserole is perfect for busy weeknights because you can make it in advance and heat it when you’re ready to eat. Start by cooking your noodles according to the package directions while you prepare the rest of the dish. Then add in sautéed zucchini, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning to create an irresistible meal full of flavor.
Easy Vegan Meal Prep
Was I looking to save time in the kitchen while enjoying a delicious vegan meal? Check out these easy Veggie Meal Prep ideas!
1. Make a large batch of Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowls:
These are perfect for a quick, easy weekday lunch or dinner. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, spread a layer of cooked quinoa on the bottom of an oven-safe dish, top with your favorite vegan toppings, and bake for 20 minutes until heated.
2. Make a Simple Veggie Burrito Bowl:
This bowl is also great for weekday lunches or dinners. Mix cooked cauliflower rice, diced tomatoes, chopped red onions, and bell peppers, then top with your favorite vegan toppings like guacamole, salsa, or vegan sour cream.
3. Enjoy a Healthy Vegan Salad Sandwich:
This sandwich contains flavor and healthy ingredients. Start by mixing cooked wild rice, diced mangoes, cucumbers, and chopped red onions. Top with your favorite creamy dressing like tahini sauce or Newman’s Own Organic Unsweetened Lite Soy Vinaigrette (optional). Slice two whole wheat buns in half and place the salad inside before sandwiching them back together again. Serve immediately!
Vegetarian Make-Ahead Meals
If you’re looking for ideas for easy vegetarian meal preps, check out these five recipes!
Black Bean Enchiladas with Corn and Tomatoes
This dish is full of flavor and easy to make. First, heat the enchilada sauce on the stove. Then, prepare the filling ingredients. Soak the black beans overnight in water, then drain and rinse them. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beans until they are heated. For the corn, season it with salt and pepper and cook it until it is crispy. Assemble the enchiladas by spooning some of the black bean mixtures into each tortilla, followed by diced tomatoes and finishing with shredded cheese. Serve hot!
Classic Quinoa Burrito Bowls
These bowls are perfect for a quick and healthy meal option. Start by cooking the quinoa according to the package instructions. Once done, mix in toppings such as avocado, salsa, or fresh vegetables like romaine lettuce or cucumbers. Eaten alone or as part of a multicourse meal plan, these bowls will leave you satisfied long after dinner!
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Chili is one of those dishes that can be made vegan or vegetarian, whichever way you prefer- so this recipe is perfect for anyone needing a hearty dinner option without meat! The chili can also easily be tailored to your personal preferences by adding different types of beans or vegetables (or both!).
High Protein Vegetarian Meal Prep
High-protein vegetarian meal ideas are perfect if you’re looking for a quick and healthy vegetarian meal prep option!
1. Quinoa and Black Bean Burrito Bowls:
This dish is packed with flavor and is perfect for a quick and healthy meal. You can customize this recipe by adding different toppings such as salsa, avocado, or even crispy tortilla strips.
2. Sweet Potato Veggie Bowls:
These are filled with nutritious sweet potatoes and delicious veggies, making them a great option for a vegetarian or vegan meal prepped lunch. For added flavor, feel free to add a variety of spices, such as chili powder, cumin, and ginger.
3. Easy Tomato Soup Meal Prep Bowls:
This soup is easy to make and perfect for those days when you don’t have time to cook something elaborate. Layer the ingredients into containers in advance, store in the fridge, and enjoy chilled as a refreshing starter or light main course.
4. Kale Wraps with Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad:
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is hearty but healthy, perfect for those days when you need something filling but want to stay within the bounds. To make it even easier on yourself, try prepping the wraps ahead of time and storing them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Vegan Breakfast Meal Prep
If you’re looking for something to eat on the go, there are a lot of vegan breakfast meal prep ideas out there. For example, you could make a quick and easy breakfast burrito by filling a tortilla with scrambled tofu, salsa, and avocado. You could also scramble some eggs into an omelet or frittata. There are many options to choose from!
Another great vegan breakfast meal prep idea is this veggie quesadilla. It’s made with lots of fresh vegetables and flavors to satisfy you all morning. To make it:
- Start by heating some tortillas in the oven until they’re nice and crispy.
- Layer them with black beans, mushrooms, red peppers, and cheese (or other favorite toppings).
- Fold the tortillas’ sides to create a quesadilla shape before serving.